2D Eulerian fluid simulation is a project I created for CSCI 5611 - Animation and Planning in Games. I’m very interested in learning how fluid flows in a medium and therefore decided to implement a simulation.
2D Fluid Simulation
- 200x200 grid benchmarking at 30+ FPS
- User can use mouse to interact with the fluid
- The simulation can be paused with ‘v’ button for various effects (like in my video)
- Fluid will dissolve over time to avoid explosion
- Navier-Stokes equations
- Jos Stam’s Real-Time Fluid Dynamics for Games
- My implementation relies heavily on Stam’s implementation in his paper.
- I implemented my fluid simulation in Processing 3, the source code can be found here